Spinach In White SauceFrom victoriaregina 5 years ago
- spinach In White butter Sauce shopping list
- (Spinaci In salsa Bianca) shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 lemon, sliced shopping list
- 2 and 1/4 lb spinach shopping list
- 2 small shallots, chopped shopping list
- 3 and 1/2 fluid oz dry white wine shopping list
- 5 oz butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 oz parmesan cheese, freshly grated shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the lemon and spinach and cook for about 5 minutes until the spinach is tender.
- Remove and discard the lemon, drain the spinach and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Place in a serving dish and keep warm.
- Put the shallots, wine and (3 and 1/2 fl oz) water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Remove the pan from the heat, season with salt and pepper and leave to cool slightly.
- Stir in the softened butter and return to the heat, whisking constantly until thickened, then add the thyme.
- Sprinkle the spinach with the Parmesan cheese, and spoon the sauce over it.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating9 people
Sounds very yummy to me! High 5valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Beautiful. Will you make it for me wearing those stilletos?????merlin in San Francisco loved it
high5 great tasty post love it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it