Slow Roasted Sticky ChickenFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 very large roasting chicken shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onions, and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Roast, uncovered, at 250 degrees F for 5 hours (yes, 250 degrees for 5 hours). After the first hour, baste chicken occasionally (every half hour or so) with pan juices. The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of pan and the chicken will turn golden brown. If the chicken contains a pop-up thermometer, ignore it. Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
Oh Yes, Low & Slow Is The Way To Cook. Flavor, Tender & Juiciness Is What You Will Be Rewarded With.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
goblue434 in Anniston loved it
This sounds like another one of your wonderful and tasty recipes. Thanks so much Peeta - chicken is on the menu for this week!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!