Paradise Bakery Sugar CookiesFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 2 cups shortening shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 4 1/3 cups cake flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- sugar for decorating shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sugars and shortening using an electric mixer. Mix on slow speed for 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl with a spatula. Increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes. Slowly add vanilla extract and egg while mixing.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, mixing on slow speed until just blended. Do not overmix.
- Dough may be rolled out on lightly floured board and cut with cookie cutters or scooped with an ice cream scoop and placed directly on cookie sheet. If scooped, flatten with palm of hand.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 9 to 10 minutes. Cookies are done when small cracks appear. Ideally, the edges do not brown. Sprinkle liberally with sugar after baking.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies.