Buddhas DelightFrom thenewagecook 4 years ago
- (8oz.) of bamboo shoots (drained if using canned) shopping list
- (16oz.) of mushrooms (bella or straw) drained if using canned shopping list
- 2 carrots (peeled and ½ inch sliced) or cut lengthwise into thin strips shopping list
- (2 - 3oz.) of cellophane noodles (optional) egg noodles (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup of Chinese cabbage (napa, bok choy) or green cabbage (shredded) shopping list
- (4 oz.) of snow peas or 1 small box if using frozen shopping list
- 1 (16oz.) firm or extra form tofu block (pressed, drained, 1” cubed) shopping list
- 1 small can of water chestnuts (drained) shopping list
- (16oz.) of bean sprouts (drained if using canned) shopping list
- 1 (16oz.) can of baby corn (each cut in half) shopping list
- 2 Tblsp of peanut (for frying) shopping list
- FOR THE SAUCE: shopping list
- ½ cup of vegetable broth shopping list
- 2 Tblsp of chinese cooking rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tblsp of soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tblsp of mirin shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves (minced or paste) shopping list
- ½ inch piece of ginger (minced or paste) shopping list
- 1 tsp of sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tsp of sugar (white or brown) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix well the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat the wok over medium-high to high heat and add the 2 Tblsp of oil to
- the heated wok.
- When the oil is hot, add the tofu and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Then add all the vegetables and stir-fry for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the sauce mix and bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn down the heat to a simmer and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust flavor according to your own taste as desired.
- Serve hot with steamed white or brown rice or by itself.
The Cookthenewagecook Miami, FL
The Rating6 people
Love this dish! Love this post! Thank you so much for sharing it. We both give this Five Forks! ! !
J and Mquaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
Yum, love the flavors going on here! Thanks for the great post and high 5 to you!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
HEY THERE HOWS IT GOING IN FLORIDA!!
NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN
THIS RECIPE SOUNDS WONDERFUL THANKS FOR SHARING IT
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!