lasagnaFrom ditty 4 years ago
- 2 jars of chunky pasta sauce shopping list
- 250g ricotta cheese shopping list
- 300g mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 500g beef mince shopping list
- 1 capsicum shopping list
- 1 eggplant shopping list
- lasie noodles (quantity depends on size of baking dish and size of sheets, approx 6 “normal sized” sheets) shopping list
- 4 table spoons of butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup of flour shopping list
- 1.5 cups of milk shopping list
- A bit of pepper, and some herbs (garlic, basil, pepper, oregano) shopping list
How to make it
- First, start the oven up to 200C so that by the time you finish preparing the lasagna it should be ready to go. Chop up the eggplant and capsicum, and cook the mince with a bit of pepper. Add herbs if you feel like it.
- Then, in a rectagle baking dish, spread a bit of pasta sauce on the bottom, enough to cover. Lay lasagna sheets. Spread half of the ricotta cheese, and 125g of mozzarella cheese. Spread half mince, half capsicum, half eggplant (see the pattern?).
- Cover with lasagna sheets, cover with sauce, and add the rest of the “half of” stuff again. Keep about 50g of mozzarella cheese, you’ll need it for the sauce later. Cover with lasagna sheets again, and add remaining pasta sauce.
- The white cheesy sauce.
- Put the remaining ingredients (butter, milk, flour, cheese) into a saucepan and heat on low heat until it’s nice and thick. Then pour it on the top of the lasagna.
- Cover with aluminium foil (shiny side down!), and put into the oven for an hour. Once it’s done, take it out and let it stand for about 15 minutes.
- You can –
- change the white sauce with creamy carbonara and one chunky veg bolognese sauce and a red wine and garlic pasta sauce and and and ;-)
The Cookditty Brisbane, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!