Pasta with Leeks and Cannelini BeansFrom katerina 9 years ago
- 3 leeks, trimmed, washed and cut into 1/4" rounds or half moons shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 cup cream shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2C-1C chicken stock shopping list
- 1 can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- Parmesan, freshly grated shopping list
How to make it
- Make sure you throughly wash the leeks and drain but don't dry. Add oil and butter to a large casserole or skillet over medium heat. Add garlic cloves and cook until they turn a very light brown on both sides. Remove and discard.
- Add leeks to the pot and sprinkle them with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until they are very soft and almost creamy, about 45 minutes. If they get to dry add water a few tablespoons at a time.
- When the leeks are very soft turn up the heat and allow the leeks to lightly brown. Add the cream and a generous helping of freshly ground pepper, reduce it over medium high heat for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring up to a simmer, add the cannelini beans and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season to taste and add the pasta and toss with the fresh Parmesan.