Bread Pudding Brown Sugar SauceFrom texaspapajohn 3 years ago
- 6 slices day-old bread ( white or rich egg bread) shopping list
- 4 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter (melted) shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 /2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter over bread. Sprinkle with raisins.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream, milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly press down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
- Brown Sugar Sauce
- Combine ½ cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Continue cooking stirring constantly until mixture begins to gently boil, stir in 1 oz Brandy and remove from heat. Add ½ cup Heavy cream, place back on heat stirring constantly; bring mixture to a boiling point. Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon warm sauce onto plate; place slice of bread pudding and top with whipped cream