Bbq Brisket Or RibsFrom texaspapajohn 6 years ago
How to make it
- Using a meat smoker and whatever assortment of wood chips you like, ( I use a mixture mesquite, oak and apple) smoke meat for approximately 1 hour at low temperature (less than 300 degrees)
- Remove meat from smoker and wrap in foil, then seal with plastic wrap. Wrap again with foil and place in an oven pan.
- Place pan in oven at 225 degrees for 12 hours.
- I do it over night and the next morning unwrap the meat and save the juice.
- Mix 1/2 cup of juice with 1 cup BBQ sauce and 1 cup ketchup.
- To serve, slice beef in 1/4 inch thick slices and season with BBQ sauce to taste.
- For ribs, cut ribs in 4 equal pieces and baste with BBQ sauce to taste.
The Cooktexaspapajohn Dallas, TX
The Rating5 people
How did you know that this is what I just bought this morning from our butcher! I have never done a brisket but this sounds easy and yummy! I make my own barbeque sauce but will definitely use this method from the brisket! Thanks, high 5 and have ...morevalinkenmore in Malott loved it
I have used a similar method for ribs. I wrap them in alufoil and roast them at 300F for 3 hours. It makes them amazingly tender. Unfortunately, I don't have any way to smoke them here in my apartment! Great recipe.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
I bow to a Texan when it comes to smoking ribs and brisket. You can bet your boots I'll be trying this one. Time to fire up the smoker!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!