Pan Seared Chicken Breasts with Olives and FetaFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 4 bone-in,skin-on split chicken breasts (about 3 lbs),halved crosswise shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 small red onion,halved and sliced thin shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves,minced shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 3/4c low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 c pitted kalamata olives,halved shopping list
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2c crumbled feta cheese(works best with shrink-wrapped or brine-packed feta,rather than pre- crumbled)(2 oz) shopping list
How to make it
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat till just smoking. Cook chicken skin-side down till well browned about 5 mins.. Reduce heat to medim,cover,and cook till chicken registers 160,about 15 mins. Transfer chicken to platter and tent with foil.
- Pour off all but 1 Tbs fat from skillet. Add onion and cook till softened,about 3 mins. Add garlic and oregano and cook till fragrant,about 30 seconds. Stir in broth,olives, and any accumulated chicken juices and simmer,scraping up any browned bits,until slightly thickened.,about 3 mins. Off heat,stir in parsley. Pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle wit feta. Serve.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
This sounds fantastic.
Five forks and a big smile :)trigger in loved it
You have been hiding this one from me!! lol LOVE it...anything with olives has my name all over it!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Another 5 from me. Wow you are on a roll today baby! I love Cooks Country and Test Kitchen.
MJflavors in Algonquin loved it