Chicken EmpanadasFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1 box (15 oz.)refrigerated pie crusts shopping list
- 4 oz. cream cheese shopping list
- 2 Tbs fresh chopped cilantro shopping list
- 2 Tbs salsa shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin,ground shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- additional salsa shopping list
- 1 c finely chopped,cooked chicken. shopping list
How to make it
- Remove pie crusts pouches from box. Let stand at room temp. for 20 mins.
- Heat cream cheese in small heavy saucepan over low heat;cook and stir until melted. Add cilantro,salsa,cumin,salt and garlic powder;stir till smoth. Stir in chicken;remove from heat.
- Unfold pie crusts;remove plastic. Roll out slightly on floured surface. Cut crusts into 3" rounds using biscuit cutter. Reroll pie crust scraps and cut enough additional to equal 20 rounds.
- Preheat oven to 425. Line baking sheet with foil. Place about 2 tsps. of chicken mixture in center of each round. Brush edges lightly with water. Pull one side of dough over filling to form half circle; pinch edges to seal.
- Place 10 to 12 empanadas on prepared sheet;brush with egg wash lightly. Bake 16 to 18 mins or till lightly browned. Serve with salsa.
- Can be prepare ahead and frozen.. Bake for 18 to 20 mins.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating7 people
Hey now this sounds delish and easy. How much chicken? Great post and another 5. MJflavors in Algonquin loved it
This sounds really delicious...how much chicken do you use? Thanks!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
We are going to make these often! Thanks for sharing this!m11andrade in Kankakee loved it