Lemon Chicken With Basil SauceFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 6 chicken breast fillets shopping list
- 3 rashers bacon shopping list
- 1-1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon zest shopping list
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 ounces butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain flour shopping list
- 1 ounce extra butter shopping list
- basil Sauce. shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1-1/2 ounces butter, melted shopping list
- 2/3 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2/3 cup cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Chop bacon finely then sauté in pan until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Pound chicken fillets thin.
- Combine bacon, breadcrumbs, zest, juice, crushed garlic and soft butter.
- Place in center of each fillet then fold over, pound edges together lightly and toss in flour.
- Heat extra butter in pan then add chicken and brown quickly on both sides.
- Place in oven dish and bake covered in moderate oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn and cook another 10 minutes.
- Put egg yolks into a blender then blend while slowly adding melted butter.
- Pour in chicken stock, cream and basil then blend until smooth.
- Heat without boiling then pour over chicken and serve immediately.