Roasted Artichoke Salad By Barefoot ContessaFrom sparow64 3 years ago
- 4 boxes (9 ounces each) frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted shopping list
- Good olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 6 tablespoons capers, drained shopping list
- 2 jars roasted red peppers, sliced thin shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced red onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 2 pinches hot red pepper flakes, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the artichoke hearts in a bowl with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss until the artichoke hearts are coated. Dump the artichoke hearts onto a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer; roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette. Place the minced shallot, lemon juice, mustard, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process for 5 seconds. Add the basil leaves and process into a green puree. With the processor running, slowly pour 1/2 cup olive oil into the bowl through the feed tube until the ingredients are finely pureed. Set aside.
- Place the roasted artichoke hearts in a bowl and toss with enough vinaigrette to moisten. Add the capers, red peppers, red onion, parsley, 4 tablespoons vinegar and red pepper flakes, if using, and toss gently. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and let stand for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating7 people
great tasty salad thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Artichokes are my favorite vegetable and this sounds great!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Oh yeah, this is making my mouth water already! I can only imagine how good it would taste! Thanks for sharing this!juels in Clayton loved it