Walnut Pear Coffee CakeFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 large, ripe Bosc or red bartlett pear shopping list
- Ingredients - Crisp Topping shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9-inch springform or square baking pan. Peel core, and cut pear into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Batter: Cream butter and sugar until blended. Beat in vanilla and egg until light. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture along with sour cream. Blend well. Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle pears evenly over batter and press in slightly.
- Topping: Combine topping ingredients and mix until blended and crumbly. Sprinkle over pears.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is browned and cake tests done. Cool and cut into squares.