Kings Arms Tavern Peanut SoupFrom steadwell 5 years ago
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp flour shopping list
- 3 cups chicken stock (I prefer to make my own) shopping list
- 5 tbsp smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup light cream or half-and-half shopping list
- Finely chopped salted peanuts, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Using a large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and celery and saute until onions are clear (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in flour and whisk while cooking on low-medium until texture is smooth and bubbly (about two or three minutes).
- Add chicken stock increasing the heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium and simmer, stirring often, until slightly reduced and thickened (15 minutes).
- Strain the mixture through a sieve collecting as much of the liquid and removing as much of the solid matter as possible.
- Return the liquid to the pot.
- Add peanut butter and cream to the liquid while whisking in.
- Simmer on low, whisking often (about 5 to 10 minutes).
- Ladle into soup bowls with finely chopped peanuts sprinkled on top.
The Cooksteadwell Muncie, IN
The Rating5 people
I've never had this - can't wait to try! Thanks for the post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
lovely!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Wonderful soup, great recipe, thanks for the post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!