Warm Onion Mozzarella SaladFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 3 large red onions shopping list
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts roasted hulled and halved shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh sorrel shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Cut onions in half moon slices 1/2" thicken then arrange on a baking sheet.
- Broil 5 minutes or until the skins begin to char.
- Remove from broiler and set aside to cool.
- Arrange cheese slices on a serving platter then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- In large frying pan heat oil and butter over low heat until butter has melted.
- Increase heat to medium then add chopped peppers and sauté 10 minutes.
- Add onions, chives, parsley, salt and white pepper then mix with a spoon.
- Add hazelnuts and sorrel then mix briefly and remove from heat.
- Remove cheese from refrigerator and spoon mixture over the slices.
- Season with vinegar and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
Yummy. Great post chef.lovemybirds in Dayton loved it
Fantastic Salad YUMMIE! thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
You know what I like! Great post, thanks.danadooley in Singapore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!