Spicy Shrimp and Spaghetti Aglio Olio Garlic and OilFrom cupcakequeen 5 years ago
- Spicy Shrimp: shopping list
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (a couple of handfuls) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled shopping list
- coarse salt, about 1 teaspoon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (a couple of generous drizzles) extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- Aglio Olio: shopping list
- 1/4 cup (4 turns around the pan in a light stream) extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 (2-ounce) tin anchovy fillets shopping list
- 6 to 8 large cloves garlic, crushed and minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked to al dente shopping list
- tomato and onion Salad, as an accompaniment shopping list
- crusty bread, as an accompaniment shopping list
How to make it
- Combine shrimp with next 6 ingredients and toss to coat shrimp evenly.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat, then add half of the shrimp. Cook shrimp 3 minutes until pink and just firm. Remove shrimp to a warm platter and repeat process with remaining shrimp.
- Return pan to heat and reduce heat to medium low. Add 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Add anchovies, garlic, and pepper flakes to oil. Break up anchovies with a wooden spoon until they melt away into the oil and garlic mixture.
- Toss spaghetti in the pan with parsley and the garlic oil, then season with a little coarse salt, to your taste. Top servings of garlic and oil spaghetti with spicy shrimp and serve with Tomato and Onion Salad and Crusty Bread.
- Cook's Notes: Prepare the shrimp while the pasta is cooking.
- Prep your garlic and parsley for aglio olio and set them, as well as drained pasta and remaining ingredients all within arm's reach of your stove top.
- The aroma will be intense! Cooked anchovies have a salted-nutty (rather than fishy) taste that compliments the garlic as it sweetens and softens.
- Tomato and Onion Salad:
- 5 medium plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, gently seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 small white skinned onion, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (a couple of handfuls)
- A generous drizzle extra-virgin olive oil, about 2 tablespoons
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Crusty Bread, as an accompaniment
- Toss the tomatoes and onions with the chopped parsley, oil, salt, and pepper. Let stand while you prepare dinner, about 20 minutes. Re-toss and serve salad with crusty bread for mopping up juices and oil.
- Yield: 4 servings
The Cookcupcakequeen Kuala Lumpur, MY
The Rating6 people
Love the sound of this one!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Fantastico! Love the flavors happening here! Sounds delish!juels in Clayton loved it
What a great recipe! Thank you for sharing with us =D; I love it.shandy in Port Orchard loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!