Ay Coregi- Crescent RollFrom kutadkubilik 7 years ago
- 1 egg, shopping list
- 3tbsp sugar, shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter-cold-cut into chunks, shopping list
- pinch of salt, shopping list
- 1 cup cold milk, shopping list
- 2 tsp fast-active dry yeast, shopping list
- 4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- filling : Essentials are shopping list
- 2 tea spoon cinnamon, shopping list
- 2 tea spoon cocoa powder, shopping list
- 3 cups crumbs( from biscuits, cakes, breads), shopping list
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped nuts or walnuts shopping list
- 3/4 sultanas, and water to make a dough. shopping list
How to make it
- Knead alltogether till it is homogenised and cleared from side of the bowl. Put in the fridge.
- Have 3 cups filling.
- I used every piece of edible thing found in my fridge like peanuts, what's left at the bottom of the biscuit tin, some hardened turkish delights, peanut butter sandwich pieces, marzipan, my previous cake failure, unwanted sandwich crusts, lots of chocolate and essentials of course .
- You should heat them in a saucepan adding water bit by bit to make a stiff dough.If they are leaving sticky residue in your palm when you are shaping them into little logs, it is perfect.
- Then take the white dough out of the fridge. Take a walnut size piece, give an oval shape with rolling pin-3 mm in thickness, put the filling, their length should be same, roll the dough around it. Press gently with your palms to make them longer, give a crescent shape. Put on a greased baking sheet. Continue to do so.
- Brush them generously with egg yolk- sugar mix, decorate with flaked almonds.Put in a warm oven.....when its getting golden brown ıts ready to serve .. with coffe or tea..