Lemon Frosted Lemon CakeFrom cutegirl23 4 years ago
- cake Recipe: shopping list
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- Zest of 1 large lemon shopping list
- 2 cups (280 grams) all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Icing: shopping list
- 1 cup (115 grams) confectioners' (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Read more: http://www.joyofbaking.com/LemonFrostedLemonCake.html#ixzz0LqkMuvB1 shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or spray with a nonstick spray, a 9 inch (23 cm) springform pan and then line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, with the paddle attachment, cream the butter
- and sugar until light and fluffy and pale in color (about 3 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and then add to the batter along with the lemon juice. Mix only until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with an offset spatula. Bake about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool, then gently remove the sides of the pan.
- For the icing, combine the sifted confectioners' sugar with the 2 tablespoons lemon juice. (You want the icing to be thicker than a glaze but still thin enough that it will just run over the sides of the cake. If not the right consistency add more lemon juice or powdered sugar, accordingly.) Frost the top of the cake, allowing the icing to drip down the sides. Let the icing set before covering.
- This cake will keep for several days in an airtight container.
- Makes one - 9 inch (23 cm) cake.
- Read more: http://www.joyofbaking.com/LemonFrostedLemonCake.html#ixzz0LqkScRDC
- *Tip: You can get all the DRY ingrediants ready, have in handy in a bag, and keep it in your cupboard, then just pull it out whenever you need it, and just add the wet ingrediants! This is a lot simpler! Enjoy! =]