Pork Chops Saltimbocca With Sauteed SpinachFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 2 (1" thick) center-cut rib pork chops shopping list
- 2 sage leaves,finely chopped shopping list
- 2 very thin slices Fontina cheese shopping list
- 2 thin slices prosciutto (1oz) shopping list
- 2 Tbs olive oil divided shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove,finely chopped1 (10oz) bag fresh spinach,stems discarded shopping list
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter,cut in pieces shopping list
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450. with rack in middle.
- Cut deep wide pocket in each chop. Sprinkle half of sage in each pocket with cheese and prosciutto. Pat chops dry and season with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper (total)
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in a 12" ovenproof skillet over med-high heat until it shimmers. Cook chops till undersides are golden,about 2 mins,then turn and transfer skillet to oven. Roast till cooked through,about 5 mins.
- While chops cook,heat remaining 1 Tbs oil in 5qt.pot over med. heat until it shimmers. Saute garlic till pale golden,about 30 seconds. Add spinach and cook,stirring occasionally,until wilted,about 3 mins. Season with salt.
- Transfer chops to platter.. Add butter and lemon juice to hot skillet,stirring and scraping up brown bits,then pour sauce over pork.
- Serve pork with spinach.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating7 people
OH yeah baby...what time is dinner??? I'll bring the margaritas...sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
(Even though it's Italian, margaritas go with everything...lol)sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
OH YEAH now this is right up my alley i have 6
1 1/2" wild bore chops this wil work GREAT on.THANKS for the wonderful post.....got my 5grizzlybear in loved it