Simple Strawberry WineFrom capedread 7 years ago
How to make it
- Place all ingredients except yeast in crock.
- Crush fruit with hands and cover with 5 pints boiling water. Stir with wooden paddle to dissolve sugar and simultaneously mash the strawberries.
- When cooled to 85 degrees F., add yeast.
- Cover and stir daily.
- Strain on 7th day, transfer to secondary fermentation vessel,
- top up to one gallon,
- fit fermentation trap, and set aside.
- Rack after 30 days and again after additional 30 days.
- Bottle when clear.
- Allow to age at least 6 months. Will improve to one year.