Grilled Veggie PastaFrom mbeards2 7 years ago
- 1 lb. dry pasta-such as penne shopping list
- 2 lbs. fresh garden vegetables-your choice from the following shopping list
- 1 small green zucchini shopping list
- 1 small yellow zucchini shopping list
- 1 large red onion shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper shopping list
- 1 small eggplant shopping list
- 1 6-oz. package whole button mushrooms (optional, but they add great flavor) shopping list
- 1/4 Cup + 2 TB. olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves, crumbled shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. oregano leaves, crumbled shopping list
- 1 tsp. french thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. granulated dried garlic, divided shopping list
- 1/2-1 tsp. freshly ground pepper , divided shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt (optional) shopping list
- 1-2 TB. balsamic or red wine vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta, and get the grill going for the veggies.
- Mix together the basil, oregano, and thyme, and set aside.
- Wash and dry the veggies, then cut in pieces large enough that they won't fall through the grill top into the coals, but small enough to cook quickly and be two bites at most.
- Place the veggies in a single layer on a pan and coat with 1/4 cup of the olive oil, 1/4 tsp. of the granulated garlic and 1/2 tsp. of the freshly ground pepper.
- Toss to coat both sides well.
- When the water is boiling, cook the pasta according to package directions (penne is 11-12 minutes).
- Do not overcook. Drain and rinse very briefly-the pasta should stay warm.
- Shake all the water off, and then place the pasta in a large bowl.
- Toss with the remaining olive oil, along with half of the herb mixture and remaining garlic granule.
- Cover and set aside while grilling the veggies.
- Grill the veggies in a single layer. It's better to cook them in two batches than to crowd them onto the grill touching each other or bunched up. Lay them out over medium high heat, cover, cook about 4 minutes, then turn and cook until done. Some veggies, like larger cut onion and bell pepper and whole mushrooms will need another 4 minutes, but soft squash will only need about 1 more minute.
- Remove to a clean bowl or platter, sprinkle with 1 tsp. herb mixture.
- When the veggies are all cooked, combine them in the bowl with the cooked pasta. Add extra herbs, pepper and garlic granules if desired.
- Just before serving, sprinkle balsamic or red wine vinegar over the top, and gently toss. Taste and add salt as desired. Serve with a fresh garden salad.
The Cookmbeards2 Omaha, NE
The Rating5 people
My kinda recipe. Yum!californiacook in loved it
LOVE IT ...........IT SOUNDS SO YUMMY
THANK YOU ITS SO NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN.........
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
great recipe.. love dinners like this in the summer... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!