Original Taco SaladFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 pound very lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 small clove garlic, put through a garlic press shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 15-ounce can ranch style beans or chili beans drained shopping list
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion or green onion shopping list
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 large head iceburg lettuce shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups slightly crushed Fritos shopping list
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and roughly chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the ground beef with the chili powder, cumin, garlic and oregano.
- Drain very well.
- Set aside and keep at room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine and toss the beans, tomatoes, onion, cheese, lettuce, Fritos and avocados.
- Add the browned meat mixture and toss to combine.
- Mix the lemon juice with the mayonnaise and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture over salad and toss again.
- Serve immediately
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Sounds good! Taco Salad is one of my favorites.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
Great recipe- it does have lots of variations, but it's hard to beat this one...thanks!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Sounds wonderful. Thanks and I will try this out soon!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it