Chilly Strawberry Chocolate PieFrom foodinnewengland 7 years ago
- 9-inch baked pie shell (recipe separate) shopping list
- 6 cups strawberries (about 1 1/2 quarts), sliced shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons corn starch shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- chocolate chips or semi sweet baking chocolate, melted I always use Ghiradelli) shopping list
- whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Mash enough berries to measure 1 cup. Mix sugar and cornstarch in 2-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in the water and mashed berries. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute; cool. Make sure you cool it comepletely or your crust will end up soggy.
- Brush with melted chocolate. Drizzle sides of crust with chocolate.
- Fill shell with remaining berries; pour cooked strawberry mixture over top. Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
The Cookfoodinnewengland Claremont, NH
The Rating4 people
i love strwberries..sounds gr8!!sufia in JP loved it
fantastic! i gotta try this!!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
This is definately a pie I want to try. Love the idea of the chocolate & strawberry together. 5 forks+++++brianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!