Duck Leg ConfitFrom huxter 6 years ago
How to make it
- Place the duck in a medium bowl with with plenty of salt between the legs .Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours .
- Wipe the salt from the duck next day with moist paper towel
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Place half the berries ,herbs and garlic in the bottom of a heavy lidded pot
- Lay in the duck legs and scatter with the remaining herbs and spices
- Pour in enough extra virgin olive oil to just cover the duck and replace the lid .
- Cook in the oven untouched for 3 hours
- Remove and allow to cool in the pot .
- Transfer the duck to a clean ceramic storage jar and cover with the pan juices including the spices,garlic and herbs ..Make sure the meat is completely covered .
- These will keep and improve for 5 to 6 weeks ,not as long as preserved under fat but far healthier .Use in cassoulets or pastas or simply served on your best bread ---superb flavour !!
The Cookhuxter Mundoona, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!