Old Fashioned Cucumber SandwichesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 loaf of thin sliced packaged white bread shopping list
- ( i,e pepperidge Farm Brand ) shopping list
- 1 medium onion ( red or white ) shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise ( not salad dressing ) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 long english cucumber shopping list
- 1 bunch of fresh dill, cleaned and chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Grate the onion and mix into the mayonnaise with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Do not assemble sandwiches ahead of time or they may get to soggy.
- Spread the onion mayonnaise mixture over the bread slices .
- Peel the cucumber here and there leaving some green skin show.
- Score with tinges of a fork and slice thinly.
- Place 4 slices of cucumber on the bread.
- Sprinkle with dill.
- Cut into 4 squares or triangles.
- For party fare; one may use a small round cookie cutter and cut out 2 pieces from each slice of bread and then proceed with the recipe.
- Note: another cucumber may be used to finish off the remaining bread and onion Mayo.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Nice post Midge! When we were younger, we used to call these, "Cool Water Sandwiches"! Love them! High Five from the two of us!
J and Mquaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
Wonderful! Thanks for the post/ Saved too!victoriaregina in USA loved it
Quick N Easy123 members
FRESH HERB NUT31 members
Five Or Fewer180 members
Appetizers And Dips269 members
Oldies But Goodies114 members
Vegetarian Appetizers41 members
Afternoon Tea13 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Finger Food51 members