PEPPER STEAKFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp. margarine or butter shopping list
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges shopping list
- 2 small green sweet peppers, sliced shopping list
- 1 ½ Lb beef round steak, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 ½ cups beef broth shopping list
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce shopping list
- ¼ cup water shopping list
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Tbs. paprika shopping list
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges ( about 2 cups ) shopping list
- 1 cup snow pea pods shopping list
- Hot cooked rice or pasta ( cook for serving 8 ) shopping list
How to make it
- To slice meat thinly for stir-frying, partially freeze the meat first so it's firm but not hard ( about 30 minutes ). Then, holding a sharp knife at a 45º angle to the cutting board, thinly slice across the grain, cut slices about ¼ inch thick.
- 1 In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the garlic in 1 Tbs. Of Margarine or butter for 1 minute. Add the onion and green pepper, and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Transfer the vegetables with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- 2 Add the remaining margarine or butter to the skillet or wok. To prevent overcrowding, stir half the steak at a time until the meat is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Return all the steak and the vegetables to the skillet or wok.
- 3 Add the broth and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Stir the water and cornstarch together in a cup; add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet or wok. Cook, stirring, until the sauce is bubbly. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- 4 After cooking the sauce, add the paprika, tomato wedges and snow pea pods to the skillet or wok. Cook the mixture for 30 second, stirring constantly to evenly distribute the sauce and to heat the food through. Serve over rice or pasta.