Oven-Baked Caramel French ToastFrom pookiebear 7 years ago
- ~ 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- ~ 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- ~ 2 tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- ~ 1 cup chopped pecans, divided(or walnuts work) shopping list
- ~ 12 slices French or Italian-style bread shopping list
- ~ 6 eggs shopping list
- ~1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- ~ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ~ 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- ~1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- ~ 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ~ Caramel Sauce~ shopping list
- ~ 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- ~1/4 cup butter shopping list
- ~ 1 tablespoon light corn syrup shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter and 2 tablespoons corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Pour sauce into a 9x13 inch baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans.
- Place 6 slices of bread on top of the sauce, sprinkle with the remaining pecans and cover with the remaining 6 slices of bread.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in a blender.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread slices, cover the baking dish, and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove the French toast from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until lightly brown. Drizzle sauce over the toast right before serving.
- To make the Caramel Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter and 1 tablespoon corn syrup. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
The Cookpookiebear Regina, Canada
The Rating6 people
Love these overnight casseroles. Thanks for another great post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
its rlly amazing..thnks 4 sharing.. u hve 5sufia in JP loved it
I love this!! Saving to try.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!