Cherylanns Capirotada - Mexican Bread PuddingFrom cherylannxo 7 years ago
- 4 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds piloncillo cones, Mexican brown sugar shopping list
- 3 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 1 pound loaf French bread, sliced into 12 - 1" thick slices shopping list
- 1/2 cup natural raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 2 medium bananas, sliced shopping list
- 1 sweet apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsalted peanuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line a 13x9" baking dish with foil and use butter to coat the whole inside.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine water, piloncillos and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Bake bread slices on a baking sheet until crisp, about 10 minutes on each side.
- Soak raisins in enough hot water to cover for 5 minutes; drain.
- In the prepared baking pan, layer 1/2 (of each) the bread slices, raisins, banana slices, apple slices, peanuts and almonds.
- Remove the cinnamon from the pilocillo syrup. Pour 1/3 of the syrup over the ingredients in the dish. Repeat with a second layer with the remaining ingredients. Pour remaining syrup over all, soaking the bread evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes until puffy and syrup is absorbed. For a crisp top, uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
The Cookcherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
The Rating4 people
sounds delicous high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
this is so different from the bread puddings that I have eaten...thank you for sharing the recipe..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Veggies Fruits And Grains54 members
Home Cooking58 members
Mexican Cooking142 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
Recipe Haven27 members