Turkish Delight - LokumFrom kutadkubilik 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a 9 inch baking pan, grease the sides and bottom with almond oil . Line with wax paper and grease the wax paper.
- In a saucepan, combine lemon juice, sugar and 1 1/2 cups water on medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves. Allow mixture to boil. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer, until the mixture reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine cream of tartar, 1 cup corn starch and remaining water in saucepan over medium heat. Stir until all lumps are gone and the mixture begins to boil. Stop stirring when the mixture has a glue like consistency.
- Stir in the lemon juice, water and sugar mixture. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, Allow to simmer for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Once the mixture has become a golden color. Pour mixture into wax paper lined pan. Spread evenly and allow to cool overnight.
- Once it has cooled overnight, sift together confectioners sugar and remaining cornstarch.
- Turn over baking pan containing Turkish delight onto clean counter or table and cut with( almond oil)oiled scissors. into one inch pieces.
- Coat with confectioners sugar mixture. Serve or store in airtight container in layers separated with wax or parchment paper.
- U can also add 1 cup hazelnuts in this mixture
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookkutadkubilik Istanbul, TR
The Rating4 people
I LOVE Lokum........ thanks, 5 forks!berry in Winter Park loved it
Oh my god! This is my fave sweet in the world - but I gotta go now - must reach my pantry - I have some rose lokum somewhere in there....elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!