Awesome Ham And Potato SoupFrom pookiebear 7 years ago
- * 3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes shopping list
- * 1/3 cup diced celery shopping list
- * 1/3 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- * 3/4 cup diced cooked ham shopping list
- * 3 1/4 cups water shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon ground white or black pepper, or to taste shopping list
- * 5 tablespoons butter shopping list
- * 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- * 2 cups milk shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately!
The Cookpookiebear Regina, Canada
The Rating6 people
i cant wait to cook this for the family-especilly my eldest son, he's right into soups right now!!!
great post!!!!!pixyqueen in Sydney,Australia loved it
I like the use of the 'Chicken Bouillon Granules'
instead of the usual 'Chicken Stock' you see in so many recipes~ the 'Granules' make a richer-tasting
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
made it loved it....i made some cheesey croutons for topping and thin slices of Green onions(shallots)
So filling and YUMMY!!!
PIXY=}pixyqueen in Sydney,Australia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!