Southern Egg Custard PieFrom zena824 9 years ago
How to make it
- Cream butter, sugar and salt.
- Add 3 eggs and mix at medium speed with electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Add other 3 eggs and beat 3 more minutes on high speed.
- Stir in milk and blend well.
- Add vanilla and nutmeg; stir until blended
- Pour into large unblaked pie crust.
- Cook ten minutes at 450 degrees then turn oven down to 325 degrees and bake for 25 minutes longer or until knife blade comes out clean in center of pie.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating2 people
This recipe is like what my Mom makes. This is a must try.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
I was looking for an egg custard pie recipe and ran across this one it is excatly like the one my great granmother use to make me when I was a child. I couldn't remember the measurments. Thanks!
It's baking as I write this Thanks agin.
...moreDeviarich in loved it