Sweet Peanut Butter CookiesFrom michellem 6 years ago
- Recipe, pg. 66 of the Sweet Melissa Baking Book! shopping list
- "The cookies are best when they are chewy, so don't over-bake them!" shopping list
- Makes 2 dozen cookies. shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg which may or may not be optional :) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Before you start: Position a rack in the top and bottom thirds of your oven. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- 1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 - 4 minutes. Beat in the egg.
- 2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3. Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and mix until combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl so that everything is combined evenly.
- 4. Scoop dough by rounded tablespoons and roll into balls. Place the balls about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets, and press down slightly. Using a fork dipped in flour, press down on the cookies first one way and then the other to form an "X" pattern, creating the crosshatch effect. (The cookies should now measure approx. 2 inches in diameter.) Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Overbaking will cause these chewy cookies to become crunchy so try to avoid it.
- The cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. For longer storage, they can be frozen wrapped in plastic wrap and aluminum foil for up to 1 month. Do not unwrap before defrosting.
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating6 people
More of that Sweet Melissa cooking - I MUST remember to get that cookbook! These sound so delish...I love a good peanut butter cookie, and especially the chewy ones, so I will have to try this one soon. Keep trying those new cookie recipes - I'm lovi...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
This really sounds great! Bookmarked.liezel in Bloemfontein loved it
Hey Mich! Been a long time...hope all is well!
Making Jaden peanut butter cookies tomorrow, so now that I've found these...these are the ones I will bake. I'll let you know how I do!
High 5 and thanks for sharing!
Deb~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it