Real Old-fashioned Cup O CocoaFrom hollyeats 7 years ago
- 1 heaping TBS unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa shopping list
- 1 heaping TBS finely granulated sugar (or more to taste; start with this) shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- 1 TBS boiling water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. real vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup hot milk (full-fat if you dare, it's much better!) shopping list
- whipped cream as topping if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat milk in microwave or on stovetop until hot but not boiling.
- Stir cocoa, sugar and salt together in a large mug.
- If possible, for this whole recipe, use a small wire whisk.
- Whisk the 1 tsp. boiling water into the cup and stir until it is a smooth paste.
- Still whisking, add the hot milk and stir well.
- Stir in the vanilla, top with whipped cream if you're feeling decadent, and...
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
The Rating2 people
Ohh YES!! This is how it should be done!! Even if you don't want to have all the hi cal/fat of using full fat milk (once I made it with 1/2 and 1/2... oooh baby!) you can easily swap fat free or 2% evaporated milk instead - same richness, less guilt!...morejo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
Wonderful - now there's a cup of cocoa! And if you want to be bad - add a shot of Peppermint Scnapps!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!