Real Old-fashioned Cup O CocoaFrom hollyeats 7 years ago
- 1 heaping TBS unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa shopping list
- 1 heaping TBS finely granulated sugar (or more to taste; start with this) shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- 1 TBS boiling water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. real vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup hot milk (full-fat if you dare, it's much better!) shopping list
- whipped cream as topping if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat milk in microwave or on stovetop until hot but not boiling.
- Stir cocoa, sugar and salt together in a large mug.
- If possible, for this whole recipe, use a small wire whisk.
- Whisk the 1 tsp. boiling water into the cup and stir until it is a smooth paste.
- Still whisking, add the hot milk and stir well.
- Stir in the vanilla, top with whipped cream if you're feeling decadent, and...
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
The Rating2 people
Wonderful - now there's a cup of cocoa! And if you want to be bad - add a shot of Peppermint Scnapps!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Ohh YES!! This is how it should be done!! Even if you don't want to have all the hi cal/fat of using full fat milk (once I made it with 1/2 and 1/2... oooh baby!) you can easily swap fat free or 2% evaporated milk instead - same richness, less guilt!...morejo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!