Apple Cake with Brown Sugar ToppingFrom krumkake 4 years ago
- ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 apples, cored, peeled and diced (I use Gala, but use whatever you prefer) shopping list
- brown sugar shopping list
- Fresh sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl, mix together sugar, butter and egg.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; batter will be very stiff.
- Add diced apples and blend into batter to moisten.
- Pour into greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar generously over top of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
- Do not refrigerate.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating6 people
I see you have another winner here, Krum! Thanks so much for the recipe. What I want to know is why wait for Fall? This sounds like something that we should all make tomorrow!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Yes your back and so am I! It feels like old times and here I am again wanting to eat the computer screen looking at the apple cake!michellem in Idaho loved it
So glad I am stopping by this morning! This looks so countryish and absolutely delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!