Crock-Pot Fake Rotisserie ChickenFrom mamajune 5 years ago
How to make it
- Wad up several sheets of foil to make foil balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place foil balls in slow cooker to cover bottom. This will keep chicken from boiling in the juices. (Alternatively, use a rack if you have one that fits into the bottom of your pot.) Remove package of organs from chicken cavity and discard. Rinse chicken inside and out, and pat dry with a paper towel. Rub or sprinkle your choice of herbs or spices all over the skin – use lots. Place chicken into slow cooker, on top of foil balls, and cook, covered, for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. There is no need to open the lid to check on it during cooking.
- Remove from slow cooker and place on board to cut apart. (The skin will not be crisp; it will be soft.)
- Serves 4.
- Variations: Rub whatever spices and seasonings you prefer on the bird. They're all good. Consider: Cajun; poultry seasoning; lemon juice, garlic and rosemary; hickory smoked salt; adobo; Italian seasoning; curry powder or East Indian spices. Whatever you like!
- Starting with a frozen bird: You may start with a frozen bird, but make sure you remove the organs from inside the chicken before you freeze it. And note that a frozen bird will not be as malleable as an unfrozen bird, so size is even more critical when it comes to fitting in the Crock-Pot. Prepare and cook bird as noted, for 10 hours on low.
The Cookmamajune High Point, NC
The Rating4 people
Mamajune, I have made this and loved it, I think I must have gotten the recipe from you before. Now you can make this in your new slow cooker!
Pattitpatti in Wellsville loved it
This is a great recipe. Who cares if the skin is not crispy you are not going to eat the skin and the meat is very tender and tasty. It is the only way I cook a whole chicken any more.sday5 in Smalltown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!