Slow Cooked Chicken FricasseeFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 4 to 5 lbs chicken parts, skin and fat removed shopping list
- liberal salt, pepper and paprika to taste shopping list
- 2 large onions sliced shopping list
- 4 large stalks celery coarse sliced shopping list
- 4 large carrots coarse sliced shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic sliced shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- Instant gravy flour as needed shopping list
- noodles, rice pasta or puff pastry shells shopping list
- fresh chopped parsley as garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large slow cooker/crockpot lay well seasoned chicken parts .
- Place on the veges, bay leaf and garlic.
- Add the broth.
- Cover and cook low 8 to 12 hours or high 4 to 6 hours.
- When chicken is tender, remove from bone and cut up.
- Before returning pieces to pot, thicken liquid with instant gravy flour on high setting until mixture is of desired sauce thickness.
- Add the chicken and cook and stir well .
- Serve over pasta , rice or pastry shells..
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating10 people
This looks and sounds fantastic. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Ummmmmmmmmmm - comfort food!
Great post and high 5 to you!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
You certainly have my 5 forks! Sounds heavenly.
Vickievictoriaregina in USA loved it
CrockPots Are Cool Again856 members
Cooking Chicken203 members
CrockPot Capers166 members
Family Favorites141 members
Crock Potslow Cooker200 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Chicken Please145 members
Cookin With Chicken65 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Chicken Little167 members