No Sugar Apple PieFrom rae760 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of thawed apple juice in a bowl, set aside, pour remaining juice in sauce pan.
- Place peeled, sliced, cored apples in pan, boil on medium heat until apples are just tender. Apple juice will not cover apples completely until they begin to boil. Add 1 tbs. pumpkin pie spice.
- Add 1 tbs. pumpkin pie spice and 1/4 cup cornstarch to reserved apple juice, whisk until there are no clumps.
- Once apples are tender, remove from heat, begin to add cornstarch mixture slowly, you may not need it all, you want the apple mixture to be thick, but not solid. I usually use it all.
- Pour apple mixture into frozen pie shell.
- Pop other pie shell out, and place on top of apple mixture, wait for it to soften, break away just most outer krimped edge. Seal pie all the way around.
- Cut vent holes around pie, about 4.
- Bake for 50 mins, place foil around edges if need be to keep from burning.
- Serve warm with sugar-free vanilla ice cream!