Chocolate-Orange Mascarpone PieFrom fluffy24 4 years ago
- 24 chocolate cookie wafers (we used Nabisco Famous) shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 10 oz semisweet chocolate, broken up shopping list
- 3 tubs (8 oz each) mascarpone, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbsp orange liqueur or orange juice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 large seedless orange (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Crust: Heat oven to 350ºF. You'll need a 9-in. pie plate.
- Pulse cookies in processor until fine crumbs; add butter and process until blended. Press mixture evenly into bottom and sides of pie plate. Bake 12 minutes; cool on wire rack. Spread marmalade over cooled crust.
- Filling: Microwave chocolate in glass bowl, 15 seconds at a time, stirring, until melted. Gently mix mascarpone, sugar, liqueur and salt in large bowl just until blended (do not stir too much or mixture will curdle). Fold in melted chocolate until no white streaks remain.
- If desired, put 1/2 cup chocolate mixture in small ziptop freezer bag and snip off a tiny corner; reserve for garnish. Spread remaining chocolate mixture in cookie crust. Chill at least 2 hours until firm.
- Garnish: Cut orange into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Drain slices on paper towel, cut each slice in half, twist ends and arrange on pie. Pipe little dollops of reserved filling on orange twists to help secure. Serve at room temperature.