Cherry ClafoutiFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 3 cups pitted fresh cherries or drained, canned, pitted bing cherries or frozen sweet cherries, thawed and drained shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided use shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- powdered sugar for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare cherries, depending on the kind you are using. Set aside.
- Place milk, 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, salt and flour in a blender in the order they are listed.
- Cover and blend at top speed for 1 minute.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour a 1/4-inch layer of batter in a 7- to 8-cup lightly buttered, fireproof baking dish or Pryex pie plate 1 1/2-inches deep. Set over moderate heat for a minute or two until a film of batter has set in the bottom of the dish.
- Remove from heat. (I have an electric stove and skipped the the heating part. I didn’t want to put my baking dish directly on the heat.) Spread cherries over the thin layer of batter and sprinkle the other 1/3 cup sugar over all. Pour on the rest of the batter.
- Place in the middle position of preheated oven and bake for about an hour. The clafouti is done when it has puffed and browned, and a knife plunged into its center comes out clean. Sprinkle the top wit powdered sugar just before bringing it the table.
- The clafouti does not have to be served hot, but should still be warm.
- It will sink down slightly as it cools.
- The flan does not store well.
- Serves 6 to 8 people.
- Source: “Mastering the Art of French Cooking” by Julia Child (Knopf, 1961)
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!