RHUBARB CHERRY PIEFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients; shopping list
- 4 cups rhubarb diced, Fresh or frozen thawed shopping list
- 1 can ( 16oz )red tart pitted cherries, drained shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- ½ cup quick-cooking tapioca shopping list
- red food coloring ( Few drops ) shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- ¾ cup Crisco ( shortening or butter ) shopping list
- 6 Tbs. cold water shopping list
- 1 Tbs. margarine or butter shopping list
- 9-inch pie dish or pan shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- In a large bowl combine rhubarb, cherries, sugar, tapioca and food coloring; let stand 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine flour and salt; cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles cornmeal. Sprinkle water over mixture; stir ingredients quickly with fork until blended; gather into a ball; divide in half. Roll out one half to a 12-inch circle; fit into the 9-inch pie dish. Trim even around the edge of dish; moisten edge with cold water. Spoon filling into pastry; dot with margarine or butter. Roll out the second half of pastry same as the first; fold in half cut designs or slashes in top to vent steam. Place over filling with fork at the center; unfold. Trim upper crust ½ inch over the edge of pie dish, fold edge of top crust under edge of the bottom crust. Flute with fingers. For sparkling top, brush top of pie with milk; Sprinkle with sugar. Bake in oven at 425º for 45 to 50 minutes, or until crust is golden.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating3 people
I make similar, also do blubarb pie ( rhubarb and blueberries ! )midgelet in Eastern loved it
Ruhbarb and cherries this has got to be Delicous thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Just saw this,i grow rhubarb for my 88 year old mother,she loves it cooked with her toast for breakfast.I will make her this next summer.5!lanabade in Goshen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!