Pepperoni Pizza On Hot Dog BunsFrom annieamie 3 years ago
- 12 hot dogs bun halves (or as many as you need) shopping list
- 2-3 cups of mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 small bag of pepperoni, sliced in strips shopping list
- 3 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- 4 TB grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1, 4 ounce can of tomato paste shopping list
- Optional sprinkling of dried, hot chili pepper seeds. shopping list
- **Note** shopping list
- I buy hot dog buns at a restaurant supply store called "Smart N' Final." You can purchase 24 buns in one package for less than $3.00. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spoon a tablespoonful of the tomato paste over each "inside" half of a hot dog bun.
- Lay the sauced buns, sauced-side up in a large pan covered in aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle all of the buns with basil.
- Sprinkle cheese over all the buns evenly and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle pepperoni over the cheeses and place in oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add your favorite toppings! Let the cooked pizza cool for about 10 minutes and let the kids pull off the "buns". Kids love this easy recipe.
- You can also just make a cheese pizza and dip the finished "buns" into a bowl of heated commercial or homemade spaghetti sauce.
- I'd like to add that hot dog buns make great French Toast "sticks. Just dip them in a mixture of eggs and milk and fry to golden brown in butter with a little olive oil. Serve with some powdered sugar and some maple syrup!
- And if you like Cinnamon Toast? Spread the hot dog halves with butter and then sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Bake for about 15-20 minutes (350 degrees) and serve.
- You can also make bread pudding, garlic bread and even some great croutons! Let me know if you have some recipes using the buns. Thanks!
People Who Like This Dish 8
- Martula Li Berec, Czech Republic
- tiffanyd385 Yardley, PA
- army_wifey88 Nowhere, Us
- ayngelwing Vancouver British Columbia, CA
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- rosemaryblue CollegeTown
- ozsmom Nepean, CA
- pookiebear Regina, Canada
- m11andrade Kankakee, IL
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating6 people
Wow,this is very interesting,I think my dayhome kids will love it,thank you!!
55555pookiebear in Regina loved it
Very clever!! 5 forks!ozsmom in Nepean loved it
Great idea! Quick and easy too.rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Quick N Easy121 members
Party Food316 members
Cooking With Kids276 members
Anything Goes285 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Family Favorites135 members
Halloween Treats36 members
Fun Food For Kids57 members
Frugal Pantry Cookers184 members