Ricotta Pancakes with BlueberriesFrom wynnebaer 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 3 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 6 ounces ricotta cheese (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- unsalted butter, for the griddle shopping list
- 1 pint fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed shopping list
- pure maple syrup, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- 1.In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the milk, ricotta, sugar and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- 2.In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites at medium speed until frothy. Beat at high speed until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the batter until no streaks remain.
- 3.Preheat the oven to 225°. Heat a griddle, then lightly butter it. For each pancake, ladle a scant 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle; be sure to leave enough space between the pancakes. Cook over moderately low heat until the bottoms are golden and the pancakes are just beginning to set, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle each pancake with a few blueberries and press lightly. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden on the bottom and cooked through, about 1 minute longer. Transfer the pancakes to plates and keep them warm in the oven while you make the rest. Serve the pancakes with maple syrup.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookwynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
The Rating10 people
I bet I could sub cottage cheese for the ricotta, huh? Sounds delicious! ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Fantastic!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I love them and I love your idea better. Just drop 'em in. Can always put some on top too. Flaffed, saved and 5 forks. Just love your recipes.victoriaregina in USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!