Sweet Potato Bundt CakeFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- • 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- • 1 cup sugar shopping list
- • 2 large eggs shopping list
- • 2 cups cooked, mashed fresh sweet potatoes or 2 cans (15 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained, mashed shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- • 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- • 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- • 1/3 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- • confectioners' sugar shopping list
- • glaze (optional, see below)\ shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together butter and sugar in mixing bowl until blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in sweet potatoes and vanilla
- . Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in another bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Spray 9-inch Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in batter.
- Bake in 350°F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert cake onto serving platter.
- Dust cake with confectioners' sugar or drizzle with glaze, as desired.
- Glaze (optional): In small bowl mix together 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Drizzle over cooled cake.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
This sounds terrific! You post the greatest recipes! Saved & bookmarked!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Sounds very good, saved to make. 5 forks for you. And a big thank you for the Birthday wishes.henrie in Savannah loved it
Love the sound of this! Keep all these great recipes coming!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!