Chaiwalla Tomato PieFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 2 c flour shopping list
- 1/2 c butter (1 stick) shopping list
- 4 t baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 c milk (adjust for biscuit-dough consistency) shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes, peeled and sliced (or 2 28 oz cans plum tomatoes) shopping list
- chopped basil, chives, or scallions shopping list
- 1 1/2 c sharp cheddar shopping list
- 1/3 c mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 T lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine ingredients for a crust:
- Roll bottom crust on floured surface and line 9" pie plate.
- Fill crust with thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with chopped herbs.
- Cover with 1 cup grated cheddar.
- Mix mayonnaise with lemon juice and drizzle over cheese.
- Cover with remaining 1/2 c cheddar.
- Roll out remaining crust. Cover pie and pinch the edges to seal.
- Cut steam vents.
- Bake at 400 for about 25 minutes.
- If not serving directly from the oven, re-heat before serving to melt the cheese.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Love tomatoes! This sounds different and delicious! I wonder if I should remove the seeds from the fresh tomatoes, they contain a lot of juice.juels in Clayton loved it
I am back to let you know that I made this, quite a while ago, actually. It was definitely different, but sooo delicious! If you love tomatoes, this one is a sure hit! The filling did thicken up due to the cheese, I suppose. I added my pictures. Than...morejuels in Clayton loved it
Dairy Preparations8 members
Healthy Baking123 members
101 A Cheese Place145 members
Tomato Lovers Rejoice76 members
Pie Lovers Of The World106 members
Pie In The Sky36 members
Vegetarian Appetizers41 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Restaurant Recipes68 members
Packages Jars And Cans29 members