Tomatillo ChickenFrom pleclare 3 years ago
- 2 lbs. tomatillos (husks removed) washed and halved shopping list
- 1 Tb vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 whole chicken (3 to 4 lbs) cut in 10 pieces shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 2 jalapenos,chopped shopping list
- 1/2 medium while onion,chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves,finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro,chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In food processor,puree tomatillos;set aside. In large Dutch oven or heavy pot,heat oil over med.-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pot,skin side down. Cook until browned on one side,6 mins. Transfer to plate.
- Add jalapenos and onion to pot and cook,stirring frequently,until slightly softened,3 to 5 mins.
- Add garlic and cook till fragrant,about 1 min.
- Stir in tomatillo puree;season with salt and pepper. Nestle chicken ,skin side up,in sauce.
- Cover pot;simmer until chicken is cooked through,22 to 25 mins. Stir in cilantro,season with salt and pepper.