Layered Enchilada PieFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 white onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 small cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 2-1/2 ounce can sliced olives shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 6 tortillas cut into strips shopping list
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion shopping list
- 2/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup whole kernel corn shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken and water in medium skillet. Cook chicken in waterBrown beef then drain off any grease. Add chopped onion, seasonings and tomato sauce then simmer for 15 minutes. Add olives, corn and cumin. In a casserole dish place small amount of meat and tomato sauce then add one layer of tortilla strips then a layer of meat sauce. Repeat layers. Add water to the top of the last layer. Cover and bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add grated cheese, onions and green pepper to the top. Return to oven then bake uncovered for 10 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
I love this layered Enchilada this spice blend is perfect.
You have my 5
Michaeltrigger in loved it
This sounds soooo yummy! It is alot like a recipe I make called Better-than-Ever Enciladas. By reading your recipe, I am going to add in some or your ingredients into my enchiladas! Thanks for the ideas! :)rockstar in Hamilton loved it
Are the tortilla strips made from corn or flour tortillas or does it matter?
P.S. I like the beef half better than the chicken. LOLdonman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!