Beef Stroganoff 1960s Updated For 2007From sbhardin 5 years ago
- 2Tbs of butter shopping list
- 1Tbs of olive oil shopping list
- 1/2lb to 1lb of beef(round steak is good) shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup sliced onion shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (baby portabella or button) shopping list
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 can of beef consumme shopping list
- 1/3 can of tomato paste shopping list
- 1 Tbs of Worcestershire shopping list
- 1 Tbs of Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 Tbs of paprika shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sour cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste, as you go shopping list
- 1 package egg noodles(follow directions) shopping list
How to make it
- Slice beef in 1/2 in slices, about 1 in long. Heat a large pan on medium heat, melt butter in the olive oil. Cook onions until translucent,when translucent add meat, cook until brown (15min, depending on cut) add the rest of the butter, add mushrooms and garlic. While that is cooking, approx 10min, To a large bowl pour can of consumme, paprika, mustard, worcestershire sauce,and tomato paste and whisk until blended. Add the liquid mixture to the meat,onion,mushroom and garlic mixture. Cook on med/low for another 10min. Meanwhile start water for eggnoodles(follow directions on package) remember to add salt and pepper as you go along. Add sour cream shortly before serving, do not allow stroganoff to boil after adding sour cream. Serve over hot egg noodles.
- CHECK THE SALT AS YOU GO!!!!
The Cooksbhardin Dallas, TX
The Rating4 people
This is a recipe like the one my mom used to make. I lost it years ago and now I have found it again! Thanks so much. I don't recall the Dijon mustard but the rest seems the same! You have made my day!
Great post and high 5!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
Looks like a great winter family get together meal!! Thanks!
TerrtRterryr in Vallejo loved it