Shrimp and GritsFrom hot_it_up 7 years ago
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp. shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves diced shopping list
- Tbs butter shopping list
- 1 cup - water shopping list
- 1 cup - milk shopping list
- 1 cup - heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup - melted butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon - salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup jack cheese shopping list
- 1 cup - yellow grits shopping list
- sauce: shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 stick - butter, melted shopping list
- 4 - egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup - heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the shrimp in butter and garlic until just pink, remove from heat.
- To prepare the grits:
- Bring all liquid ingredients and salt to a low boil. Add stir in grits slowly on medium to low heat. Stir and watch for 20 minutes, Add the cheese cover and finish on very low heat for 30 minutes.
- To prepare sauce:
- Whisk in lemon juice and butter into egg yolks in a slow steady stream; add heavy cream. Cook over double boiler until thick.
- To serve:
- place a good helping of grits in a bowl, top with shrimp and sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating7 people
One of the best recipes ever. good ole shrimp and grits. Nice post.victoriaregina in USA loved it
Love shrimp and grits but this one sounds wonderful!
Great post and high 5 to you!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
This is one of the Best recipes that I have read
for 'Shrimp & Grits'~ I make 'S.& G.' for my
Family on Christmas for Breakfast~
I think that I will try your "5"FORK!!!!!
creation this Holiday Season~
~Thanks fo...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!