Corn Jalapeno Lava BreadFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- The day before shopping list
- • 1 1/4 cup bread flour shopping list
- • 3/4 cup water shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast shopping list
- Day of: shopping list
- • 1 3/4 cups lukewarm water shopping list
- • 1/4 cup cornmeal shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- • 2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon instant yeast shopping list
- • 3 - 3 1/2 cups bread flour shopping list
- • 1 cup diced seeded jalapenos shopping list
- • 3/4 cup corn nibblets shopping list
- • 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shopping list
- • 1 1/2 cups gruyere cheese shopping list
How to make it
- The night before combine all the "day before" ingredients together; mix and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to sit in room temperature room overnight or 12-18 hours.
- In the morning pour the water and cornmeal into a saucepan. Bring to a low boil then turn the heat down and simmer for 5 minutes. Be sure to stir so not to burn.
- Remove from heat and add honey and butter. Mix till well blended. Pour into a stand mixer and allow to cool to 110F.
- Once cooled, add in "night before" mixture, yeast and 1cup of bread flour. Mix on low speed till well blended.
- Add in the salt, 3/4 cup of jalapenos and 1/2 cup corn nibblets. Mix till blended. Now start to add flour slowly. This dough needs to be very sticky. So don't add to much. While mixing on slow speed you want the dough to stick to the bottom of the bowl but, not the sides. If your not sure, it's better to be on the wet side than the dry side. Continue to knead on low speed (#1) for 8 minutes.
- Afterwards leave in the bowl and spray with oil spray. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 1 to 2 hours or till double in bulk. Now, using a wooded spoon punch down the dough and then cover with plastic wrap again for another 1 to 2 hours or till double in bulk. After second rise sprinkle a good amount on flour on a flat surface. Pour out the dough onto the flour and sprinkle some more flour on top. Using your hands lightly press the dough into a 12 x 12 square. Take the cheese and mix in the rest of the jalapenos and corn. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the dough.
- Roll the dough and pinch the seam and ends closed. Take a large tea towel and sprinkle a good amount of flour in the center. Place the dough onto the floured tea towel. Place some more flour on top. Wrap the dough with the tea towel and allow to rest
- for 1/2 hour.
- Before you cut the dough preheat the oven to 425F. When the oven is ready cut the dough into three equal pieces. Spread open the tops of the dough so the cheese is exposed. Place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and place into the oven for 30 - 35 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
This bread sounds incredible & I'm just itching to get some going so I can taste it. I'm curious though, do you stand the loaves on end or flat with the cut edge unsealed? Your directions are great but I did wonder about this. Thanks so much for such...morebrianna in loved it
Wow! The cheese and jalapenos...I'm sold! A five from me.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
sounds fabulous! great post!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!