Blackeyed Pea PattiesFrom hot_it_up 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup peas cooked and drained. shopping list
- 1/4 cup Trinity chopped ( onion. bell pepper, celery) shopping list
- 1 glove garlic minced shopping list
- 1tsp butter shopping list
- 1 tsp sage shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp corn meal shopping list
- A pinch of salt and pepper shopping list
- A pinch of ground red pepper( optional I guess) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp veggie oil shopping list
- Tip: The Trinity freezes well so any time I chop one or all of the three shopping list
- I put it in a freezer bag for later use. You can keep adding to the same bag. shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the Trinity and garlic in butter until just soft, remove from heat and
- Let cool.
- Mash peas with a potato masher, leaving some whole for texture.
- Mix all other ingredients ,stir well until incorporated. If needed add just
- A little more corn meal. You want the consistency of a fritter.
- Form in 1/2” think patties. Fry 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- I serve these with a Homemade or good store brand Spinach dip to spread On top.
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating4 people
Ha Ha! Beat everyone to it. I love to nibble on the ham hocks and I think i could also use this when I make the pork shanks. Wonderful recipe which I saved of course.victoriaregina in USA loved it
Sounds good, saving to make. Love those veggie patties. 5 forks for youhenrie in Savannah loved it
I LOVE black-eyed peas. I don't make 'em though cuz I've never had to with my mom making 'em whenever I crave 'em. This sounds really good with the hush puppy effect! 5er!justjakesmom in Everett loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!